Sunday, July 01, 2007

Another Month Dawns

Holy crap, it's July already! June sort of slipped away while I wasn't paying attention, leaving me to wake up today and realize it was all gone. Continuing the recent trend, June was my lowest blogging output to date (56 posts). On the other hand, it was also my ninth month at it, so clearly some of the novelty's long since worn off and whatever I blog about now must be the real deal. Or something like that.

Today's Canada Day, which doesn't really mean a whole lot anymore, but there's nothing wrong with celebrating the birth of our country. When you consider that we became our own nation peacefully, without the usual bloodshed and angst that goes along with such things, we should be proud! Let the U.S. have its slavery, and civil wars, and battles for independence, and horrible record of bigotry and racism... we don't need 'em! (Although our hands aren't exactly spotless in many of those areas.)

Anyway, we're halfway through the long Canada Day weekend, after which I have four days of work to survive before entering Vacation Mode... and starting to study Silver Age comic trivia!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally forgot about Canada Day this year ... July for me = 1 month of the trip left! The end is starting to seem near(er). Some Australian´s I met were telling me about "Australia Day" which seemed funny until I realized that we had the exact same thing. Anyways, I am doing nothing Canada related today, and staying in a budget hotel in Vienna so really no chance of doing anything exciting. Going to a Mozart concert tonight ...

When exactly is the convention this year? Will you guys be home when I get back from my trip? I should return to London the first week of August (approx Aug 5 I guess, give or take a few days either way).

In other news, I really love Vienna it´s gorgeous here! Budapest tomorrow ...

xoxo

Anonymous said...

also, it seems that i just missed seeing (although that would´ve been quite a coincidence) neil gaiman in budapest.

Anonymous said...

Just never know where I'll find a Tammy trip update!

But maybe you could see Magnolia Electric Company and say Hi to Jason Molina. Here is their tour schedule
6/30 - Vienna, Austria
Szene

7/01 - Munchen, Germany
Rote Sonne

7/02 - Stuttgart, Germany
Schocken

7/03 - Karlsruhe, Germany
Jubez

7/04 - Kristiansand, Norway
Quart Festival