Tuesday, December 19, 2006

At Least They Got Some Shots

Last night, following the debacle on the weekend in which the Rangers were humbled 9-2 and 6-1 on back-to-back nights, I had a very vivid dream that in their next game they went into the 3rd period without yet having registered a single shot in the game! In the dream, I know they were losing, and being shut out, but the entire focus was on the fact that they might set a dubious record by going an entire game without getting credit for a shot on goal. As it got late into the final period, somehow I was on the ice as a member of this loser team and was trying to skate through a dark maze of some sort, in order to get in position to take a shot at the goalie. It was essentially a variation on the typical "stuck in mud/can't get through a crowd" sort of dream, except I was on skates and still couldn't make much progress. (In real life, I can't skate, so maybe that's not such a stretch.) I don't remember how it all turned out, but I know that later I was dreaming about a situation in which the area I was in was slowly being flooded by rising tides. Too much thinking about Global Warming recently, I guess!

Anyway, back in the real world, the Broadway Blueshirts just now finished losing their 3rd straight game, but at least it wasn't by an embarrassing score tonight. The Islanders, who beat them 7-4 before the Rangers went on an impressive 5-game winning streak (ended by the 9-2 shellacking), were only able to edge them 4-3 tonight. It's still a loss, but there were a few positives beyond the whole "getting a shot on net" thing: they made it close after falling behind 4-1, and Jagr's line accounted for all 3 goals. I guess we'll have to wait until the next game to see if it was a turning point, or just another loss in a series of them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm just glad that Toronto got hammered 7-3 and Boston beat Ottawa (again) and this time spanked them 7-2!! Sorry to see the Rangers lose their 3rd straight after winning 5 in a row.

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

The B's will catch and pass the R's anytime now, the way things are going.

Anonymous said...

Let's be serious!! I heard Paul Maurice rate the Leaf play tonight as "horses**t" and say that the Rangers were WORSE on Saturday than Toronto was tonight..and THAT was impressive!! What the hell does that mean?? I think it means that Toronto sucks...but that's already common knowledge.