Friday, December 22, 2006

Funny Conversation At Work

When someone, at the turkey lunch, asked me whether I was working next week or not, I responded with, "Ah, you haven't been reading my blog, now have you?" Fortunately this was someone I know fairly well, so I wasn't really in jeopardy of hurting her feelings or making her think I was any more of a jerk than she already knows me to be. But it was definitely my natural reaction these days, which is kind of funny on its own! And since I'd just blogged the day before, on my work blog, with an "AgileMan On Vacation Next Week" entry that included the advice:

"If you encounter any Agile emergencies while I'm away, just ask yourself:

What Would AgileMan Do?

(and then do the opposite!)"


it seemed clear to me that this person hadn't been keeping up. Otherwise I'm sure that priceless bit of humour would've stuck in her mind...

Undeterred by my question and tone, she thought for a moment and then said, "Well, I have been, but I've fallen a little behind. But I saw the one about temperatures."

That stumped me for a moment, during which she followed up with, "You know, the one about setting the temperatures in your house."

And then I remembered this post from a couple weeks ago, or nearly 100 entries back!

Which of course left me pondering whether I should tell her that she's missed several tens of thousands of words on that blog in the meantime, or that I've started up a work blog so she's actually behind on two different fronts?

I went for the latter, and saw the look of horror seep into her eyes, which, I have to say, made the whole thing worthwhile!

Somedays it's a wonder I have any friends at all at work...

No comments: