Friday, December 15, 2006

Gaming News To Make Me Smile

First up, Sony announced that it's fixed the assembly problems that have hampered their production of PS/3's to date. They're claiming that they'll have distibuted 400,000 to North America by the end of the year (a mere 16 days from now), despite reports indicating that they've only sent 197,000 so far. So if there's any truth to that, we'll be seeing a wave of PS/3's in the next couple weeks roughly equal to the number that've come out so far. Hmmm. And they're promising to have tripled the units produced by March of next year, meaning that in the first three months following New Year's we'd see another wave of PS/3's roughly equal to four to six times the number - depending on where they all go - that've been available so far. Double hmmm. All of which would make you think it'll be a slam dunk to buy a PS/3 over the next three and a half months. My dream of walking into a store and just picking one off the shelf may still come true before my next birthday!

Switching gears ever so slightly, game developer Gearbox is going to be producing new Aliens games, including a First Person Shooter game, which sounds terrific to me! As I've mentioned before, Aliens Vs Predator was my second big video game obsession, so a new Aliens-related FPS is sure to quicken my pulse.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I drove by Toys R Us at 10:15 tonight I saw people lined up outside, obviously waiting for the shipment of Wiis that I'm told is due tomorrow. I can't quite describe the lack of desire I have to summon enough interest to care.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure if you wait 6 months or so they will go on sale