Friday, December 29, 2006

Dude, Where's My Damned PS/3??

Shortly after I woke up this morning, a UPS truck stopped in front of our house, and I was sure my PS/3 had arrived! Quicker minds than mine wouldn't have jumped to that conclusion, since the console is supposed to be coming via Canada Post, not UPS. But I ran to the door full of excitement and anticipation just as the delivery guy left a small package at the door, which was clearly neither large nor heavy enough to be my PS/3. When I opened the wrapping to get the invoice, I discovered it was a lovely chocolate gift from my work's parent company in the States. Very nice, very considerate, and very unexpected, but also, in this context, very disappointing!

Then I checked the tracking status on the Canada Post website, and saw that it had finally changed, indicating that it was now in this city, and "out for delivery!" My enthusiasm climbed back up again! Unfortunately, that was over 3 hours ago, and there's still no sign of it! I'm starting to fear it won't come until next week, by which time I'll have missed a long weekend during which I could've played around with it to my heart's content. I'd also been thinking about biking to the comic store today (if the comics ever make it in) but I probably won't want to leave until the womenfolk are back from Michigan, so that I don't miss the delivery. And that may mean waiting until too close to sundown to make cycling a reasonable option. Some things just aren't meant to happen, I guess.

1 comment:

Jimmy said...

Chocolates...Chocolates...I didn't get no stinkin' Chocolates.