Thursday, December 28, 2006

Making A List; Checking It Twice

Since I had a lot of time on my hands this holiday week, I tended to check out the contents of our blogosphere a fair bit, hoping for interesting blogs to help pass the time. It seems only natural that I'd now comment on that, hmm?

Naughty

Man from Mars.. hello? No post since the 21st? Did this guy actually travel back to Mars for the holidays, and John Carter wouldn't let him use his wireless?

Rick Mercer apparently got so overwrought from writing about Same Sex Marriage in early December, that he called it a year right then and there!

PJ almost avoided the Naughty list, but I couldn't quite qualify his 2 posts over a week as all that nice, now could I?

And then there's Roopak, whose last entry was over a week ago now, and was a self-congratulatory pat on the back for posting three times in one day! I guess he kind of shot his wad back there on the 20th!

Nice

My most faithful companion this week, From Hell artist Eddie Campbell continued his pattern of interesting daily posts right through it all, not even taking the big day itself off!

Tammy'd be on the Naughty list if it weren't for the extenuating circumstances of me knowing she was dead to the world for half the last week, and then kicked out 2 posts once she recovered.

Jim Hinckley slowed, but didn't stop, his output, and just recently provided a delightful recounting of Maya's first big Christmas.

And newbie cjg soldiered on, despite a similar flu ailment, and persisted in his doomed attempt to keep up with the prolific writings of your Humble Blogger.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Christmas Day post was actually written a couple of days earlier and forward-dated, so I guess that makes me even less nice. :) By way of excuse, I'll point out that a) to put that post up I wound up writing a new plugin to get around WordPress's flaky handling of XML and comments, and b) I had to rebuild my computer after a meltdown on Friday just to get it limping along in a state where I could write that forward-dated post.

Hmm, sounds like a couple of post-worthy topics.... :)

cjguerra said...

Sure pj - nice excuses - where's your IP via Pigeon installation???? Where's your semaphores-at-dawn????

Just kidding. Sounds like you did lots of work for return to status quo.

As to posting speed - I'm just starting to get the hang of this whole "external brain pack" thing and I'll be catching up soon. I don't have any consoles to distract me! At least I'm showing up on the blog-dar ;)

cjguerra said...

Criticize ole Rick Mercer and it'll come back on yah - he was in Afghanistan with the troops over Christmas, so probably didn't have that much Interweeb access. But he seems to be back and posted something about the whole event.