Friday, December 22, 2006

Why blog? (Chapter Eight)

I just thought of another, admittedly tenuous, benefit of blogging.

At times like this, when I'd normally lose touch with all of my co-workers for the very excellent reason that we're taking some time away from work - and even checking work e-mail can be a perilous undertaking at such times - the blogosphere represents a (mostly) non-threatening vehicle by which a few of us may still keep in touch. In other, and hopefully fewer, words: it's another connection between us that may continue even when the work relationship has gone dormant.

Or, at least that's the theory.

2 comments:

cjguerra said...

Yes, keeping that tenuous connection with co-workers... especially those who no longer work on the same floor... Actually the allure of sharing my vacant observations with the greater Internet has caused me to begin blogging. So now I must continue ruing, er reading your blog or I shall be out of touch.

Jimmy said...

...and so it became a reason not to blog...:(