Wednesday, December 20, 2006

This Post Is Brought To You By The Number 3

This is post # 333.

333 is written as 3 3's.

333 adds up to 9, if you sum the digits.

333 is 3 times 111, and 111 is written as 3 1's and which adds up to 3 if you sum the digits.

3 times 3 times 3 is 27, which adds up to 9 if sum the digits (which is 3 plus 3 plus 3).

(3 to the power of 3) to the power of 3 is 81, which adds up to 9 if you sum the digits (which is 3 plus 3 plus 3).

3 isn't the universal constant, though. 17 is. Oh well.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

17 is the universal constant? I missed that in math class I guess.

Roopak Majmudar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Roopak Majmudar said...

All this talk about 3's reminded me of the little trick you pulled off in my team's retrospective.

You know the one where you asked everyone to write down a number and do all kinds of arithmetic and you magically knew their starting number.

I think you should share that one with your devoted readers and tell us how it works too! I've been dying to know the math behind it.

[edit]

I hate the fact you can't edit comments! I'm notorious and missing words when I type. I think it's because I think too fast... oh wait, or type too slow. :(

Roopak Majmudar said...

Lol... my missed a word in my edit. =(

Roopak Majmudar said...

I give up. :(

Jimmy said...

Roopak's been into the liquor cabinet a little early this Christmas, methinks...