Thursday, December 21, 2006

I Could Blog At Work!

And in fact, following yesterday's conversation, I started up a work blog today called The Further Adventures of AgileMan. It remains to be seen whether having two blogs on the go, with some amount of overlap between them (since I sometimes write about work and Agile here, like.. well, now) will actually work out.

I definitely prefer the Blogger site and options to what I have at work, though. It could just be how slow my desktop there is compared to my laptop (which I'm using right now), but that other UI just seemed very sluggish, much like Blogger was before they switched to "Beta Blogger" a month or so ago.

My initial gut reaction is that this work blog concept has some potential. The personal blog - the one you're reading right now - is intended as an outlet for me to express myself and get things off my chest. I think I'll view The Further Adventures... blog as serving a very different purpose. For many of the items on my 2007 To Do list, what I'm really hoping to accomplish is to effect some changes to the way various people - including me - are operating right now. Having a forum at the office to hold, and broadcast, discussions on topics relating to Feature Teams, the Product Team, silo'ing, risk management and a culture of quality (for example) could just prove to be a key ingredient to achieving some success there.

2007: The Year We All Started Communicating; that'd be a Hell of a good start!.

No comments: