Friday, December 22, 2006

Can't... talk... now... too... busy... typing!

PJ has an interesting post stemming from some good-natured ribbing I gave him about his apparent lack of keyboarding proficiency. It turns out that what I'd interpreted as slow typing was actually just distracted, interrupted, or possibly just deeply pensive typing! If it were anyone else, I'd call those excuses; but in his case, it's probably the unvarnished truth.

I got the impression he was super-slow while having a Messenger conversation with him in which the following happened, over and over: I'd send him a question, or make a comment, and I'd immediately see the "so-and-so is writing a message" text show up at the bottom of our conversation window, so that I'd know he was responding.

And then 30 seconds would pass.

And then another 30 seconds would pass.

And I'd start thinking, "Wow, this is quite the novel PJ's writing!"

And then another 30 seconds would pass.

And then I'd get his response: "Yeah, somebody told me about that. Weird, huh?"

And naturally I'd think: he must be the World's Slowest Typist!

But it turns out he just chooses his words carefully. Very carefully. In fact, he probably spends more thought choosing each one of his words, then I do selecting entire paragraphs!!

Which, to anyone who knows me, is hardly news! :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Because I'm from Canada, they think I'm slow, eh?