Sunday, December 31, 2006

Superhero Identification

Thanks to Will Wheaton's blog, I saw a link that was fun: take a quiz to find out which superhero you're most like!

I took the quiz, and here are my results:

You are Superman
























Superman
80%
Green Lantern
75%
Spider-Man
65%
Hulk
60%
The Flash
55%
Supergirl
53%
Iron Man
50%
Robin
48%
Batman
40%
Catwoman
30%
Wonder Woman
23%
You are mild-mannered, good,
strong and you love to help others.


Click here to take the Superhero Personality Test


And there's a supervillain equivalent but I didn't bother taking it (why would I want to associate myself with a bad guy, after all?)

P.S. Sorry I can't get the formatting right above. It looks perfect in Preview mode, but puts all that extra padding in when published. I can't see in the HTML what's causing it, so we're stuck with what we've got.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's all of the <br /> tags. I'd guess that Blogger is adding them for each newline; they're not valid inside a <tbody>, so browsers basically take the whole bunch of them and prepend them to the content of the first <td>. Try combining the whole table into a single line and it should appear as expected.

I don't know the Blogger interface though... if you don't have direct access to the HTML you're probably outta luck.

(By the way, reason x+1 it takes me so long to write/blog/comment is that I get distracted with the language. This time around it was "prepend", which really means "to weigh mentally, ponder, consider". But the back-formed term meaning "to append to the front" is computing jargon and I was talking about the behaviour of software, so I left it. Guess you could say I prepended the use of "prepend"!)

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I'm Spider-Man, like Wil... somehow appropriate that I'd most closely match my favourite superhero and namesake.

cjguerra said...

It is *not* all the <br/> tags, at least not for me. Even if you make everything one line, you still have issues with the first table cell. Add style="line-height: 1px;" to the first <td> tag in the results table.

I'm Spidey like Peter J, and Will I guess. My villain is Apocalypse so I have some kind of Marvel affinity going on

Jimmy said...

I was "You are intelligent, witty,
a bit geeky and have great
power and responsibility."

70% Superman
70% Spiderman
67% Robin

Mike Marsman said...

80% spiderman
70% catwoman

maybe i should be slightly afraid

Anonymous said...

Just slightly Superman at 65%