Monday, December 18, 2006

Santa Delivers A Mid-December Biking Day

The weather was nice enough, and the snow was gone enough, to make today the latest in the year I've ever ridden my bike to work. Now a mere 7 days away from Christmas, it's pretty odd that I could comfortably make the round trip on my bike, and yet I could. With the shortest day of the year coming later this week, I had to hightail it out of the office by around 4:20 PM in order to be home before dark, but otherwise it was an outstanding day for pedalling. And my newly-tuned-up cycle was in fine form, assuring me that the bike repair shop did an excellent job fixing what I'd asked them to.

I even got a "Cool!" from year-round biker Jakub this morning, once he arrived and saw my bike in the secure area. Higher praise than that I can't imagine!

No comments: