Monday, December 18, 2006

Why blog? (Chapter Seven) aka The Sounds of Silence

Commenting hereabouts seems to have dropped off sharply of late, in sync with my Google analytics on the blog indicating that visits are on the decline. Since I don't think I've recently gotten any less fascinating - it was a pretty low bar to begin with, after all! - I'm left to ponder the meaning of it all.

Or, conversely, to recall the sage words of an earlier blog of mine, in which I wrote:

"Since I really can't predict what other people will find interesting, I'll continue to aim to make it appealing to me, and hope that others choose to come along for the ride."

I think I've stuck to that goal fairly well so far, largely oblivious to the waxing and waning of readership over the first 80 odd days so far. I can glance over earlier entries and quickly recapture whatever was in my head at that time, which is certainly one of the diary-like characteristics of blogging that appeals to some, myself included. The fact that I'm sharing all of this with the rest of the world is really more incidental than instrumental, it seems to me. It sure is mighty nice having a record of all this to look back on when the mood strikes me.

And that, along with a fat ol' 5% raise for next year, is all I'm really trying for here.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

aw muffin. i for one have been busy and off my usual schedule. plus a lot of the entries lately have been about work or comics. so those are my excuses.

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

I'm not sure that referring to a parental unit as "muffin" is appropriate, not likely to endear you with said unit.

But at least you took the time to comment.

Mike Marsman said...

Sounds very much like the quote I made note of here,

"Why waste this on us, when you can put it on the internet and have the whole world ignore it?"

Anonymous said...

I've been off reading Roopak's blog and getting my own dose of comics. And stuff.

At least you get comments....

Roopak Majmudar said...

Lol! Someone actually reads my blog?? Even *I* don't read my blog. Can't you tell from all the grammer mistakes (I don't make spelling mistakes anymore thanks to Firefox 2.0)?

Matt, I've been reading your blog every 2 or 3 days however I use the my Atom reader and rarely visit the website itself. I wonder how many others do that... It could be a cause for some of the drop off.