Tuesday, December 26, 2006

I Survived Christmas 2006

Well, it's now 12:01 on the 26th, so I made it through Christmas Day without succumbing to whatever variety of flu that's grounded the womenfolk - and cjg, by the sounds of it. I'm still expecting my time to come but I appreciate making it through the big day without returning any of the gifts I'd consumed (if you catch my drift).

I had sporadic visits today from both of my patients but spent a good chunk of Christmas 2006 by myself, making for quite the surreal holiday. A couple years ago Tammy had all four of her wisdom teeth removed right before Christmas and had just barely recovered in time to experience the day. That was the closest we'd ever come to anything like this year's scenario. For Vicki in particular, this'll be the one she barely remembers!

Ah well, we'll just have to wait and see what tomorrow brings. One of these days we'll all be healthy and get to open those presents!

1 comment:

cjguerra said...

But you're not alone! You have the inter-weeb! Sharing your life with the ether is what makes us, uh, geeks. No, wait... human. Po-mo humans? Humanoids trapped in an organic sack? Something like that.

I understand the surreal aloneness of Christmas Day, half-asleep on the couch.