Friday, December 08, 2006

It's Somehow Encouraging To Know That It Can Always Get Worse

The Man from Mars posted a hilarious YouTube video on Scrum Stand Up meetings which I really should find some time to show to my Feature Team members. I can't think of any other Agile practice that's come under as much scrutinization (and attack) within that team as the Daily Stand Up has. We've twice done Retrospectives on the Stand Up format, each time arriving at small but significant changes that the team felt would make it more valuable to them. And yet, here we are, four months into the Agile Experience, and it still feels like they're only doing the Stand Up because I tell them that they should.

I feel like I've completely failed as a Feature Lead in this area, but let's keep that shocking admission just between us, shall we? I wouldn't want anything to chip away at the infallible image they all hold of me, after all. (Yes, Virginia, that was sarcasm.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

reminded me of the office, agile style