Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Fool's Errand, or Labour of Love?


Jim Hinckley is busy working out some of the scenarios under which the hated Steelers could still make the NFL Post-season this year. I wish I could say that I was confident there was no chance they'd pull it off, but I can't help but remember last season and how promising things looked when they were only 7-and-5.. right before they finished with four straight victories and had all the right teams lose around them in order to get in via one of the Wildcard slots. Four post-season victories later, and they were sadly the SuperBowl Champs (or so I hear.. I refused to watch the game!) Anyway, I'm keeping mum on the whole topic for now!

And to say that Hinckley enjoys this sort of thing - looking at statistics, figuring our probabilities - is a little like saying that Uncle McScrooge Duck gets a small kick from counting his money. So I don't really feel that bad that I'm the one who put this idea into his feverish brain... :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Completely random comment #157: Lisa Whitney shares your birthday (and Osama's).