Friday, December 01, 2006

"I Did It!!"


Yes, just like Heroes' lovable Hiro, today I did it! I braved the cold (about 2 degrees, or -3 with windchill), the rain (streets near our house were completely flooded) and the wind gusts (40 to 60 kph coming from the direction I was heading)... all in order to ride my bike to work in December! This completes one of my more unusual goals for the year: riding to work at least once during each month of 2006. I figured, once I got rides in during January and February, that the only other real challenge would be December, and sure enough, it was! My choice this morning was to venture out in the cold and rain, or wait and see if next week or later in the month would be better. Unfortunately, the forecast for next week included the word "flurries" and highs between -1 and -3 all week long! So I decided to take my chances today rather than kick myself later if I never got another opportunity.

Special thanks to Vicki for thinking to grab the camera this morning and capture my historic departure. She was thinking about how great a blog entry would look with just such a photo, while I was otherwise wrapped up (both figuratively and literally).

Don't worry that this doesn't mean much of anything to you... it means more than enough to me to make up for it!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay, good job! Congrats! It's an impressive feat.

Jimmy said...

Congratulations you crazy bastard. Yesterday was freezing and miserable - I don't know how you did it.