Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Preparing the Next Ask the Agile Manager Segment

As I described not too long ago, I'm taking my Ask the Agile Manager Q&A vehicle and switching it from a live act, delivered at company or departmental meetings, to instead exist in an electronic form on our company forums. I was initially a little disappointed (possibly even *sob* hurt) that it received such negative feedback as a segment of an Engineering meeting, but I'm now seeing some of the silver lining out of that darkly clouded result. For one thing, the frequency of its use is now entirely up to me, instead of being tied to when the execs decide to call a big meeting. Also, I can do individual Q&A's instead of bunching them up, two or three at a time.

I've got my topic ready for the next one, and just have some word smithing to do on it before posting, probably tomorrow. Sneak peek: It's all about Feature Teams reducing the scope of an Iteration after it starts. Doesn't that sound like a great bone of contention to get people talking about?

This'll be the inaugural flight of AtAM in that form, so it should be interesting to see what kind of responses we get. I suppose I should probably prepare my bulletproof vest, now that I think about it...

No comments: