Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Weird Coincidence? Or Proof Of Aliens Living Among Us?

Last night I had a dream that I was travelling home from somewhere, by plane. As usually happens in my dreams, it degenerated eventually into a scenario where I wanted to get home but things were going wrong and preventing it from happening. Specifically, in this instance, I was at the airport, trying to get to my plane before it left without me, but it started to taxi. I somehow got onto a bus that was used to transport people from the airport terminal to the plane, and was trying to convince the driver to go ahead and take me to the plane, even though it was already in motion, headed for the runway. He was refusing to, but I still thought I could change his mind. It was quite frustrating, especially because earlier in the dream I'd been sent to the wrong terminal (or something along those lines) by an airport official, making me late getting to the plane.

What's coincidental about this? Well, shortly after I got into work, one of my Feature Team members came in and told me that he'd gotten to his transfer point on the bus ride in this morning, only to see his second bus leaving without waiting for the riders from his bus. He ran for it but couldn't get to it before it left the stop. But then a transit van that happened to be in the area stopped, picked him up, and chased after the bus, getting him to the next stop in time to board it! Other than the change in vehicle types, it's pretty much exactly what I dreamed! I didn't think of my dream when he was telling me his experience, but tonight as I was thinking back on what I'd dreamed, I realized how similar the two stories were.

Is that weird or what?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's quite odd! In all my years of bus riding, I've never seen a transit van do that either.

Anonymous said...

I think you might have dreamed them both....sure doesn't sound like a London TLC thing.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.