Monday, December 11, 2006

It's Just More Fun To Complain About Not Having One!

I turned down my second chance at a PS/3 today! After last month's PS/3 purchase opportunity and eventual decline of said opportunity , not to mention my brief and tantalizing play time on another's PS/3 on the weekend, you'd think that there'd be zero chance of me letting another console slip through my fingers. Hah! Shows how little you know about the perverse enjoyment I apparently get out of torturing myself!

One of the executives at work phoned me late in the day, from Walmart, because he had, in his hands, the only PS/3 in the store and wanted to know if I wanted it. I was considering it, somewhat at war internally because I personally refrain from spending money at Walmart due to their Scorched Earth approach to business, especially in smaller communities. I think I would've ultimately turned it down just on that fact alone, but then he mentioned it was the 20Gig model and made my decision easier. I thanked him but said I really wanted to get a 60Gig box (which I do) and watched yet another console going, going, gone.

I wonder if I'll set some sort of record for passing up the most PS/3's before actually getting one?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Say what you will about Wal-Mart's tactics, I respect their rock solid business model and the way they completely changed the industry through innovation and efficiency.

Survival of the fittest at work.

Anonymous said...

Agree with the previous comment. Here's a great article about WalMart...

http://www.mises.org/story/2219

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

I love the line about how there aren't any poor in America anymore. As in, you know, no access to clean water, that kind of poor!

Whatever helps you sleep at night!