Monday, December 11, 2006

Somehow I Don't Think I'm Getting My 5% Raise

It seems my boss happened to see my blog entry about the 5% raise expectation over the weekend, and made a point, several times today, of laughing at the thought of such a development.

I guess I could interpret that as meaning he's amused at the thought that I'd expect such a small and inconsequential salary increase compared to the bountiful gift he has planned for me, but somehow.....

... I doubt it.

Cards and letters of sympathy may be sent to this location, anytime you like.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any raise less than 5% = quit now.

Anonymous said...

Unless the company was on the edge of a real high-growth phase where they needed to pinch every penny for a while to get results later. But, it seems like that's definitely not the case here.

Anonymous said...

To be honest, once I had my review, I completely forgot about this whole raise business. I guess we're supposed to find out by Friday.

I'm typically pessimistic about things of this nature, and didn't come up with a percentage, but rather a dollar value, as that seems to be how it's done (give you something that when added to your salary gives a round dollar figure -- making the percentage a number with about 9 decimal places).

Either way, something is better than nothing..so the saying goes.

Anonymous said...

I'm with t...LESS THAN 5%...quit now!