Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Tonight is the Lost... Fall Season Finale??

Yes, it's true (or at least that's how it's being advertised). Since Lost is about to go into a 13-week broadcast hiatus, during which they'll get far enough ahead on production to allow the remainder of the season to be shown without any reruns, tonight's episode is being treated as a mid-season finale (if that makes any sense at all). I'm a tiny bit sad at the thought of no new Losts for 13 weeks, but mostly I'm excited at the prospect of weekly doses for 3 or 4 months in early 2007! Fox has been doing 24 that way, but all the way through, not in two batches, for the last two or three seasons, by starting it in January. I love the effect with 24, because that's such an edge-of-the-seat fluff kind of show, and it doesn't exactly benefit from long periods of reflection between episodes (Hmmm, I wonder what Chloe really meant when she said, "But, Jack, I can't do that or I'll get fired!") but I'm not sure if I'll miss that with Lost. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

No comments: