Monday, January 15, 2007

"Chloe, I Don't Have A Lot Of Time!"

"Chloe, this is Jack! I know you thought I was dead, or maybe you believed I was still trapped in a Chinese prison, or, I guess it's possible you may've thought I was working with the terrorists! But none of that matters right now.. it's vitally important that you hack into the Pentagon mainframe and get me everything you can on a man named Ahmed al-Abdu -- No, listen, Chloe, I don't have time to explain why I need this information! Yes, I know you'll have to bypass the firewalls at the Pentagon, but if anyone can do it, you can, Chloe! Just remember to bounce your signal off a few routers, and use an encoded semaphore, so no one can trace this back to you. Yes, I know this could cost you your job! Please, Chloe! I wouldn't ask you to do this if it wasn't important! And Chloe, you need to know: people have a nasty habit of dying around me, so it's probably best if you just keep your distance from now on. Get me that Pentagon data and then you'll never hear from me again. Probably. It's for your own safety, Chloe! Trust me on this! I'll call you back in a few minutes."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And then CO'B gets to play Miss Exposition in one of the worst scenes ever to appear in "24"... and that's saying a lot.

Tune in next week to see if Jack can make it across Snake River Canyon, which the [spoiler deleted] has somehow caused to become filled with deadly sharks!

Anonymous said...

I have to say, once again they showed why I enjoy this show so much. And last night I was treated to TWO reasons. I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it...so I will mention it by scene name

1. Jack, Curtis, and whozit (you know, Dr. Bashir from Deep Space Nine!)

2. Kaboom!

Most other shows would have weaseled their way out and found a convenient solution with minutes remaining...

Mike Marsman said...

I predict that Chloe will be killed off this season ... and I think I'm actually looking forward to it!

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

It'd be tough to top Edgar's swan song last season (or was it the season before?) in terms of gratification, for me, anyway. Seeing Chloe and Edgar interact was the 'TV couple' equivalent of nails on a chalkboard.

Considering they've 'hotted up' Chloe this year (it's true!), can we really afford to lose her? I mean, really?

OK, yes we can. But I'd still miss her!