Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Running To Stand Still

Back-to-back 10 hour work days, most of which was spent on my feet, on the heels of back-to-back nights of 2 - 3 hours of sleep, have pretty much wiped me out right now. I am the proverbial empty husk, presented here for your viewing pleasure.

This week has so far featured my back going out, Tammy losing her purse (fortunately she got it back today, with contents intact), marathon off-site sessions with my new Feature Team, and generally way more data arriving than I can possibly process in the few hours between getting home from work - my first chance to sit down and not lead some discussion - and hitting the hay. Which means I fall asleep fairly quickly - yay! - but then wake up 2 - 3 hours later with my mind absolutely racing! I found out this morning that one of my peers at work, who I'm working closely with right now because of the new work assignment, is experiencing the exact same thing. We joked that we should've called each other in the middle of the night, as we were both awake from around 3:00 until sometime close to whenever the respective alarms went off. I'm really hoping tonight's not a repeat performance, because I'm definitely dragging my ass right now.

Not so much a call for a Pity Party on my behalf as an attempt to explain why my production is down right now. So stifle yourself, Dingbat!

No comments: