Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Counting Down To Lost's Return: 7 To Go

Only a week of waiting left now, people!

Another popular contender for my "favourite character" slot on Lost is Sayid. He's grown on me considerably through the 2+ seasons so far, to the point where I'd say I trust him more right now than just about anyone besides Jack. You always seem to know where you stand with him, even if he does keep some of his cards pretty close to his vest. (Which is usually the cue for the universe to prove me wrong by having it come out next week that he's a spy in their midst!) He's also got the whole Lost Love thing going, times two now, which of course makes him a sympathetic character despite the many rough edges. I think it was a good move on the writing staff's part to include an Iraqi castaway, given the current climate, and so far I feel they've been very responsible in not simply making him a cardboard cut-out version of a Middle Eastern man (unlike what we often get on 24, for example).

Geek out thought (which I've had before): I wonder who'd come out on top in a no-holds-barred throwdown between Jack Bauer and Sayid? They're both pretty hardcore bad asses when they need to be, and I tend to think it'd make for an interesting battle of wits and wills.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

IMHO, Sayid would win...hands down. I think of him as the tough decision maker, the trained military guy, the true leader in a pinch.

Tammy said...

Jack Bauer is sort of super human though.