Thursday, January 18, 2007

Another Promotion, Well-Deserved

The Powers That Be took time out of their busy schedule last night to inform me that I'm now a Gunnery Sergeant within the online realm of Resistance: Fall of Man. I accepted their accolades humbly, as is my wont these days.

I then went on to discover, during that same brief online appearance last night, that I'd been doing something very stupid in my gameplay up to that point that had been contributing to my relative lack of success. Once I realized my mistake, and adjusted my technique, I started noticing I was getting more kills than deaths! Now, it's still possible that I was simply playing a bunch of even-bigger-losers at the time, since I only played for less than an hour in total, and that's hardly conclusive. But I'll see how it goes tonight, as I'm cautiously optimistic that this one small correction may take me from still-kinda-pathetic to consistently-middle-of-the-pack, which would be enough for me.

And you'll notice I haven't said what I changed, as it's not beyond the pale that I might meet one of you on the battlefield someday, and then I'd certainly regret my loose lipped words, now wouldn't I!

No comments: