Friday, January 12, 2007

Today Was A Work From Home Day

As one of my last days before assuming the Feature Lead role for one of the teams at work, it seemed like too good an opportunity to let pass by. I had a couple initiatives I'd been trying to get to all week, but failing miserably to do so, and that's what I spent most of my time on today. That was in addition to the hour or so I spent arguing electronically with my boss about some new work that he's sending my way, as well as time dedicated to keeping up-to-date over e-mail and Messenger with all of the many developments that were going on in my absence. It always seems like when I don't go into the office, lots of stuff happens there; but I suppose that's always true, it's just that when I'm there I don't feel so removed from it!

Anyway, I got 100% of the first task done, and a good chunk of the second one accomplished. I think if I'd had no distractions I'd have gotten both checked off, but how often does that ever happen? I even managed to get a substantial entry written on my work blog, while avoiding the rest of our blogosphere like the plague (because I knew once I entered, it'd be an hour or more before I got back out)!

No comments: