Sunday, January 28, 2007

Counting Down To Lost's Return: 10 To Go

With about a week and a half to go, I'm still counting down the days until this great show returns for a 16 pack of new episodes.

While my favourite character on the show changes from time to time, I'd have to say that Jack tops the list more often than anyone else. He's the heart and soul of the castaways, I think, and yet we can still be surprised as we find out more and more about him, like that he went a little crazy when his wife Sarah left him for another man. His relationship with his dad, Christian, has so many layers and nuances to it, starting with the you'll-never-amount-to-anything upbringing he received, right through to his being devastated about losing the old man's dead body in the crash that stranded them all there. I loved the way he was willing to speak out against his father's drinking problem once it started affecting his work, even though we could see the wedge it was going to drive between them. Jack may struggle at times, but in the end he always does the right thing. How can you not admire the Hell out of a man like that?

And of course Kate's better suited for Sawyer, if you ask me. She's a little too rough around the edges for a through-and-through hero like Jack. Maybe he'll end up with that nice Juliet... she seems more like what he deserves, although, of course, even she may prove to be unworthy.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

I agree about Jack, and about Kate & Sawyer. But Juliet is a rat faced little bitch if you ask me!!!!!!

Tammy said...

pardon my french

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

a) I didn't!
b) mais bien sur!
c) LOL!