Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Where's That Glut?

Back in September of last year, when Magnolia Electric Co. released their new CD, Fading Trails, there was talk of a slew of new material coming out in its wake. In the concert we saw that month, in fact, they played a few selections that weren't out yet, and mentioned more studio stuff was on its way. Now granted, the Jason Molina solo release, Let Me Go, Let Me Go, Let Me Go, came out around the same time, but I really got the impression we'd at the very least start hearing new singles within a few months. And yet, here we are over four months later, and there's been nary a peep. I keep checking their website every few weeks, hoping for news, but nada.

I suppose it makes sense, considering they're currently touring in Europe, that they wouldn't release anything while they're away and unable to support it. Logical, but not very satisfying to this fan, who wants more Magnolia!

Or maybe it's just that I miss biking right now, which is when I do most of my iPod music listening, including lots of Magnolia and Radiohead...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too much Hip not enough ME!