Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Two Promotions Later

I'm now a Sergeant Major in online Resistance: Fall of Man play. I noticed over the weekend that I was starting to finish at or above the midway mark of most matches, in terms of where I placed in comparison to everyone else, and my Deaths to Kills ratio was starting to even out, occasionally even landing more heavily on the Kills side! Tammy seemed to bring me good luck, as she watched a few games and I did especially well, including going on a few tears where I'd take out four or five guys before inevitably getting killed myself.

I played one game tonight that was shotguns-only, and single-hit-kills... which was a weird combination! The shotgun isn't at all accurate, so in order to even hit your opponent you have to be pretty close, at which proximity it would normally kill him anyway (even without the single-hit-kills setting on). I did OK, although I didn't find it all that fun; plus there were a lot of "I killed him just as he killed me" exchanges which are never the most satisfying.

No comments: