Monday, January 15, 2007

Keeping All You Civilians In The Loop

Following my marathon online Resistance: Fall of Man playing over the weekend, I've risen through the ranks from Private, to Private First Class, to Sergeant, and now to Staff Sergeant. As far as I can tell, this rapid-fire career advancement is mostly related to persistence - I must've logged close to a dozen hours over Friday night, Saturday and Sunday - and a willingness to provide excellent canon fodder for others - I've amassed a nice even total of 500 online deaths, compared to a less-impressive 295 kills. But considering that I was at or below a 2:1 ratio in that regard for quite awhile, getting to nearly 5:3 shows some progress. And I actually had a few matches late Saturday night where I had more kills than deaths!

On the other hand, I'm apparently on a 12 game losing streak (whatever that means), according to my stats. This would suggest that promotions, in this man's army, perhaps aren't all that hard to come by...

No comments: