Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The Ignominy Of It All!

I realize that many of the comic book related postings I do are not of general interest to visitors who might be more inclined to read about TV, movie, sports or even work topics. This is nothing new to me, since comics have been a bit of a ghetto genre for most of my life, and I learned early on not to assume other people are interested in them. So normally a comment like "oh, I generally skip the comic ones" when someone is describing how they like - or don't like - my blog are water off this particular duck's back.

But when that notion was voiced by my VP boss over lunch today, I was taken aback. Why? Because he's probably the single most frequent availer of the comic library housed in our basement, that's why! True, he usually gets his reading material from me in trade paperback or hardcover form, rather than as originally published.. but still! By now he's probably read dozens of collections of mine, ranging from Justice League, Kingdom Come and Crisis on Infinite Earths to Watchmen, Sandman and Sin City... so you'd think he might be at least mildly interested in reading whatever I might have to say on the topic. But sadly, such is not the case.

I guess it shouldn't bother me, since he's a busy man, and also I've heard it said that I blog a lot. In fact, how was it put? Oh, that's right... Holy Shit, you write a lot.

Like that were a bad thing...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the comic updates, so keep them coming. Makes August more interesting.

Anonymous said...

I too rely on the comic updates.

The video game and Nascar ones, well, not so much.