Thursday, January 18, 2007

I'm Man Enough To Admit: I Miss Hinckley!

Oh, don't worry: he didn't die! (Although, if he keeps kicking my ass with his NFL playoff picks...)

No, it's simply that I've moved floors at work and left him behind. When I think back over the 8 years or so that we've worked together, over two completely different jobs, I'd have to go back to his first month or so at the bank to find the last time we were co-workers and yet not on the same floor! You wouldn't think being a floor apart would make so much of a difference - what is it? 22 steps and a few dozen feet apart? - and yet it does. When we were co-located, he'd stop by each morning on his way to his cube, and I'd wander the two cubes over his way once in awhile, too, ensuring that we'd always spend a little quality time together at some point in the day. In the week since I moved, I think I've only seen him once! Now, he's been travelling for some of that time, but I doubt I'd have seen much more of him even if he hadn't!

No, this situation just doesn't sit well with me. I shall have to ponder the possibility of either getting him up a floor, or finding some excuse to move back downstairs when my current Feature Lead stint is up. Even though he's not much to look at, and hardly a good conversationalist, and then there's his questionable personal hygiene....... actually, now that I think about it, maybe it's all for the best...

I miss ya, Jimmy!

2 comments:

Jimmy said...

gee thanks Matt...I'll see you tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Oh, did you ever pick the right night for this post. To echo Miss Tammy: aww.