Sunday, January 21, 2007

Turnovers Kill Saints

The game's still got about 10 minutes left, but with the Bears having just gone up by 18 pts, I think it's pretty much over. When it was 16-0 Chicago, I started to give up hope for New Orleans, but then the Saints came marching back (sorry!) to make it 16-14, and then even had a field goal attempt that would've given them the lead... if only it'd been good!

I found I couldn't really believe in either of these teams, after only seeing them play one game each - last weekend - with neither of them being impressive wins. After today's game, I'm more sure than ever that the SuperBowl will be won by the AFC Champion once again.

Hey, a quick Blog Point to the first person who can - from memory - provide the last six SuperBowl winners. I'm looking to see what the AFC/NFC breakdown of late has been. Unlike the NHL and MLB, I can't do this one from memory at all.

Anyway, barring a miracle, it's the Bears over the Saints.

Update:

So much for it being a classic game this afternoon. The Bears pretty much owned all but about a 10-minute stretch in middle of the game, during which the Saints got 'all' of their points.

Final Score: Chicago 39, New Orleans 14

And yes, I'd picked the Saints, of course. What else is new? If the Colts beat the Patriots tonight, I'll be guaranteed a losing record in NFL Playoff picks this year.

2 comments:

Jimmy said...

40 - Steelers (over Seahawks)
39 - Patriots (over Eagles)
38 - Patriots (over Panthers)
37 - Bucs (over Raiders)
36 - Patriots (over Rams)
35 - Ravens (over Giants)

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

Having just checked your answer (at least the winners), you're now awarded another Blog Point!

And that tells me that 5 of the last 6 SuperBowls were won by the AFC team, which doesn't surprise me.