Wednesday, January 10, 2007

NFL Playoff Games This Weekend

Hinckley has posted his predictions and at least he didn't just pick all home teams again! What a suck-ass move that was!

On the other hand, he was 4-0 with that approach last weekend, so maybe he was onto something....

When I consider the lacklustre performances I saw from most of the winning teams on Wildcard Weekend, and the fact that all of the home teams this time around have had 2 weeks off, I can't really pick a road team anyway. Here are my picks, in order of decreasing confidence:

Chicago over Seattle - Since I expected Seattle to lose to Dallas last weekend, and they would have but for Tony Romo's place for rubes (OK, very, very bad pun), it's an easy call for me to predict the Bears will dismantle the Seahawks.

San Diego over New England - I like the Chargers to win it all this year, based on the extensive studying of the 2006 NFL season that I did over.. well, the one week I followed it (after the hated Steelers eliminated themselves). I got a good feeling for San Diego's chances out of that, though. So I'm picking them as long as they're in the game.

Baltimore over Indianapolis - I really ought to listen to Prof Jimmy, since he keeps going on and on about how overrated the Ravens are, and yet they almost single-handedly put the hated Steelers on the sidelines for the playoffs. Sentimentally, how can I not pick them? Besides, isn't this the round the Colts usually self-destruct in?

New Orleans over Philadelphia - Weren't the Saints terrible last year? And yes, I know the city has suffered horribly, but since when does that make a team better? Had Jeff Garcia played better against the Giants on Sunday I'd definitely be favouring the Eagles, but he looked remarkably ordinary to me. I'll admit this is the one I'm really on the fence with, but a hunch tells me to stick with the home teams this time around.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Ravens....all the way

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.