Monday, January 15, 2007

It Hurts Just Thinking About It

Picture this: There I was, leaving for work this morning during the freezing rain, with Rascal in my arms in a 'cat carrying case', as I step onto the driveway and feel my feet sliding out from under me on the ice! All I could think at that instant was that we'd never get that cat back into this container if I drop him in it from a height of three or four feet onto a hard, asphalt surface, just as I forcibly regained my balance by contorting wildly.. and felt my back go out!

Fortunately Tammy's cat wasn't traumatized by his journey home, but I'm saddled with back pain just a few short days after last visiting my chiropractor. I took some back-and-muscle pills at work, and have been icing it since I've been home. Only time will tell if it'll realign on its own, or I'll have to go in for an unplanned adjustment. Just to complicate things, my chiro is either already gone or leaving any day now for a business conference in Hawaii.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Thanks for taking (/ preventing) the fall for the cat!

Anonymous said...

Rascal was lucky to be in good hands....I'm sure I would've dropped / thrown him on my way down.

Poor Matt.