Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Your 1st Round NFL Playoff Picks

I can't compete with Hinckley's excellent summary of the playoff picture going into this upcoming weekend. He knows his football like I know... well, nothing, other than maybe comics, I guess!

Anyway, I'll just offer up my own picks, for posterity (and future mocking):

Indy over KC in a walk - As Hinckley says, the Chiefs backed/lucked into the postseason and I just can't take them seriously!

Jets over Patriots - Bit of a longshot, but the Pats just haven't seemed like a threat this year, making them ripe for an upset.

Dallas over Seattle - despite being my 2nd most hated NFL team, the Cowboys seem like they might be for real this year, no matter how bad they looked against the pathetic Lions on the final day, and they've got that Montreal Canadiens thing about doing better than they should whenever they make the postseason.

Eagles over Giants - I'm a Jeff Garcia believer, and let's face it.. after Donovan McNabb's stupid freakin' mother blogged about how torn she was over the thought of the Eagles winning the SuperBowl in a year when her (injured) son didn't QB them to the title, don't we all want to see them win it just as a spit in her face?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey...if you ask the KC coach, they didn't luck into anything...they had a home game and won it!! They won a game they were supposed to win. Just because other teams lost THEIR home games to miss the playoffs doesn't mean that KC got lucky!! What's wrong with winning a home game??

I loved that press conference!!