Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Brand New Year; Same Old Attitude

My first day back at work was notable for three things:

1) I biked! It was about 1 degree Celcius, dry, and no snow anywhere to be seen. What sort of serious cyclist wouldn't bike to work on a day like that, I asks ya? I even got to try out my new biking helmet, a month or two earlier than I'd expected to! For those scoring along at home, this makes 13 consecutive months in which I've biked to work at least once. "Global Warming, my ass!" my ass!!

2) Vicki found out that her current contract, due to expire at the end of the month, is going to be extended another six months! Yay! She assures me she wasn't too disappointed to find out that she won't be getting time off anytime soon. Our early retirement plans are still looking good!

3) At lunch, my boss dropped the bomb on a new assignment for me, which was mostly unexpected (I had an inkling he'd be asking me to do something similar). It means I won't be doing what I had thought I'd be doing over the next couple of months, but it's an interesting challenge so it holds some appeal (but don't tell him that!)

And Jim Hinckley suggested a followup topic to my current Favourite Comic Covers: Least Favourite Comic Covers! I love it! But they'll be harder for me to come up with than their positive counterparts, since I tend to love the good stuff much more than I hate the bad stuff.

No comments: