Saturday, December 09, 2006

The Bar

I asked PJ what his blog total was up to, since it seemed like he'd been at it the longest of anyone at work. I'm probably going to be writing my 300th post sometime in the next week, so I was curious as to just how high the bar actually was.

His answer: 679 posts! Now, granted, he's been at it a wee bit longer than me: since August of 2002. But still! That's a lot of thinking, conceptualizing, titling and typing, not to mention the tenacity to stay with it for four years and counting! I can attest to the fact that sometimes it's a lonely job, as most people don't provide any Comments or feedback of any sort. I've been lucky in that I very early developed a small but vocal reader base who aren't afraid to speak their minds! Without that, it'd certainly be a tougher gig.

A friend of Tammy's named Luke has a blog called One Thing I Did Today on which he records one entry each day, always with the date as the title, and always starting with "today i..." He's been at it for almost a month so it may not stick. But I give him credit for his theme, and his consistency in style. His November 19th entry made me laugh out loud and prompted me to post a Comment, although I'm sure he has no idea who I am.

The co-worker who indicated to me a week or two ago that he might start blogging hasn't done anything on that front yet. Possibly a false alarm. He's definitely a life-long procrastinator, or at least that's true for the nearly-half-his-life that I've known him!

And now another colleague is making similar noises. I won't go out on a limb and make a prediction, but certainly if he or she gets in the game, it'll make things interesting around here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think mike should start a blog

Anonymous said...

I hear you.