Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Drinking's For the Young and Foolish

I was almost never that young or that foolish, but apparently some are still young at heart and foolish to a fault. One of our co-workers - who shall go unnamed because I'm not nearly mean enough to name names - who went to the farewell band gig Tuesday night was last seen by Vicki and me, when we left just after midnight, chumming it up with some of the more serious drinkers from our workplace. Today, he was MIA at work. Coincidence? Perhaps. Or possibly his not-as-young-as-it-used-to-be body didn't shake off the effects quite like it was apt to do back in the day. God knows mine never does when I do silly things better left to younger men, like spending a couple days nailing shingles to a roof.

I just hope his comical over-indulgence didn't actually kill him, as he owes me fifty bucks!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How was it btw