Saturday, December 09, 2006

I Guess I'll Have To Catch It In Re-Run

You all know how much I love 30 Rock (it's in my Top 5 of current shows). And yet we managed to not see this week's episode, although it really took some doing.

"How is that possible?" you ask.

Well, I set it to record on the west coast, time-shifted HDNBC channel, because during the 9:00 timeslot on Thursday night the two tuners on our SA8000 PVR box were busy recording Grey's Anatomy (for Vicki) and CSI (for both of us).

"But if you recorded it time-shifted, then why didn't you watch it the next day?" you wisely inquire.

Ah, you see, that particular channel, at that particular time, appears to have been having some quality issues, both in terms of audio and video. We tried watching ---- but ---- no ---- then ---- not ----- see ----

"OK, OK, I get the idea. It was all choppy and unwatchable. That sucks. But aren't you famous for having back up plans, crazy contingencies always in place for this sort of thing?"

*Sigh* Yes. Yes I am. And I did have a backup ready this time, too. My backup was that I'd set the VCR to record 30 Rock, on the regular NBC channel, at 9:00. Unfortunately, when the VCR came on and started recording, I noticed it and thought it was recording the Lost timeslot (9:00 on Wednesday night, rather than Thursday). And since the tape was almost full anyway, I stopped it and rewound the tape for the next time. Even if I hadn't, though, there were only about 12 minutes left on the tape, so even if I'd done nothing we still would've gotten less than half of the show.

Which makes me think it just wasn't meant to be.

4 comments:

Mike Marsman said...

I'll have a copy of it for you on Monday.

Peter Janes said...

There's always BitTorrent; Thursday's episode is also on again on Sunday afternoon on the CTV channels.

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

And this is why I blog!

I've just set the recording for 5:30 on CTV on Sunday, and it sounds like Mr Man from Mars has it recorded for me as backup. You guys are the greatest!

Mike Marsman said...

Oh, I didn't record anything. It's the beauty of bitmetv.