Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Truth In Advertising

Jim Hinckley, who seemingly misses nothing except perhaps the occasional one-liner opportunity, pointed out to me recently that two of the supposed topics of interest mentioned within my very own Kimota94's Place blog description - look at top of page - have been getting almost no attention from me at all, despite being nearly 300 blog entries in: "the music and genius of Peter Gabriel and Magnolia Electric Company." In point of fact, Mr Gabriel shows up in 4 blog entries, while sadly I've only thought to mention MEC in a total of 3 entries so far. Neither of those failures on my part should be interpreted as indicating a waning interest in either subject matter, but moreso an inability on my part to accurately predict what sort of topics I'd end up blogging about. I wonder if that's a common blogging experience, now that I think of it: you set out with one vision of what your site will look like in terms of content, and then end up with something different? Hmm. Comments from other bloggers?

At any rate, to help address this deficiency going forward, I'm going to add labels for each of these two musical powerhouses, as that'll remind me to think about them a little more often when blogging, just as having a PS/3 label does. (Quick PS/3 update: Nada.) As Vicki can attest to, I've had one of MEC's CDs in my car stereo for weeks now, as I drive it just infrequently enough that I'm happy to listen to that same album pretty much indefinitely.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure I ever had a vision for my blog other than a place to record random thoughts, so it matches exactly! :) I have added the occasional category on the fly for things I thought I might write more about, but I've tended to abandon them relatively soon afterwards; the "original four" have persisted, though, so I guess my vague initial ideas were mostly accurate.