Saturday, February 24, 2007

Another Week, Another Star!

As of last night's extremely fun online clan gathering with Boneman, Snowman, Phaz and RagingBender, I managed to pick up enough points to receive my 3rd star, making me a Lieutenant General in Resistance: Fall of Man! As far as I know, there are only two more promotions I can receive: 4-star General, and 5-star General. It looks like the first one requires about 20,000 additional eXperience Points, which I expect will take me more than a week to accumulate!

We had some great games last night, both in terms of private matches with just the four or five of us, as well as public team deathmatches. In the latter, we generally lost, probably because the rest of the guys aren't used to playing as Chimera yet, making that a tough prospect to win at! I actually did better as a Chimera last night than I did as a human, but I still prefer playing the non-alien role. There's something about spawning with a grenade in your belt that just seems to set the right tone for the battle (Chimera have to run around and find grenades, if they want them).

The only mild disappointment for me last night was: no McChicken! He's the person in the clan who I've played online with and against for the longest, and one of the funniest, without a doubt! We're talking about getting wireless headsets for this, which should open up a whole new dimension of hilarity! Whether it's trash talking when you kill one another, or conveying strategy when we're all on the same team, it really enhances the gaming experience when you've got voice communication, in addition to everything else.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Make sure you get a headset where I can listen in! Hearing only half a conversation is no fun!