Thursday, February 22, 2007

Biking Streak: In Jeopardy!

February has not been kind so far, in terms of providing me with a day on which I could ride my bike to work. Recalling that all I really need is for most of the snow to be gone and a daytime temperature not too much below zero (3 or 4 degrees below is OK), I had high hopes for today, before the forecast changed to snow flurries. In reality, we've gotten a whole bunch of snow today and it would've been ridiculous to have biked. But with less than a week left in the month, my biking streak looks very much like it's going to get halted at 13 months. Certainly not a bad accomplishment, but it's such a shame to get so close to tacking on another 9 or 10 months, considering that March through November are pretty easy, usually.

Maybe if we all think warm thoughts we'll get one good melt between now and next Wednesday and I can venture out, even if I have to stick to the roads rather than the bike paths. What do you say, gang?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trying very hard to think warm thoughts for you.

Sabotage said...

well.. depending on your faith in a weather forecast, it looks like Tuesday will be your best bet...

Monday 'they' (the clairvoyant weather forecasters) are calling for a temp of 2 degrees with an 80% chance of precipitation. In this case, meaning rain as opposed to snow, therefore that might remove some of the lingering snow we'll gain over the weekend. Then Tuesday morning, 'they' are calling for a temp of 0, and 40% chance of precipitation...

Best of Luck Matt.