Saturday, February 17, 2007

Brigadier General No More

I got my 2nd star today, making me (I guess) a Major General in the world of Resistance: Fall of Man online play. It's now taking over 5000 eXperience Points to get a pip at this level, meaning that I should be a 2-star general for quite some time. Besides promotions, my other goal online has been to get my kills-to-deaths ratio into the positive, after sitting at about -300 for a long time. As of last night, I'd gotten to within about 90, despite being -17 after my first 2 games. I couldn't figure out initially how I could be doing so badly... dying 17 times without getting a single kill is more like how I was playing over a month ago. Then I started noticing that I was being killed by players who 'weren't even there', as far as I could see. Turns out there were big network problems last night, experienced by others as well, which accounted for the ghosting effect I was seeing. Eventually it fixed itself and I got back on track. But it was a humbling experience for awhile, to be sure!

No comments: