Thursday, February 15, 2007

Everybody Keeps Asking Me About The Ghost Rider Movie

And I understand why: it's a comic character being adapted to the big screen, and I actually happen to know a whole Hell of a lot about him - in the comics! What I don't have a clue on, at this point, is whether the movie's any good. I know it's Nicholas Cage as Johnny Blaze/Ghost Rider. He's turned in some great performances over the years, so he can clearly act. And he's a huge comic fan, from what I've read, so that should motivate him to do a good job in bringing this Marvel anti-hero to a wide audience. (Everyone remembers when he was going to be the next silver screen Superman, right? Luckily that never happened.) But I've heard/read/seen no reviews yet, and I hadn't really followed any news around this particular movie as it went through production. So it could be really good (doubtful), reasonably entertaining (probably) or out-and-out bad (unlikely, but you never know).

But you'd think I practically produced it, based on how many times I get asked about it...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Strangely, I WAS going to ask you about it...not if it was any good, but just what's the deal with this guy anyways (Ghost Rider, that is. Not Nicholas Cage).

Mike said...

I had read that there were not going to be any screening for the critics... that's usually a bad sign for the movie.

Sabotage said...

Rotton Tomatoes has a few Ghost Rider Reviews online.

Feel free to check them out here. I tend to avoid most reviews because I'd rather go into a flick without preconceived notions.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/ghost_rider/