Sunday, February 18, 2007

A Couple Weird Dreams

Several nights ago, I had a dream in which I came to realize that three seemingly unrelated things actually had something in common. I've had that sort of dream before, but then when I wake up, I realize it's all rubbish once I really think about it: the dream changed some important detail, or imagined a relationship that didn't exist, or whatever. Not at all unusual for that to happen, in fact. But this particular time, when I woke up and was remembering the details, it hit me that it was all true! The coincidences were all there, and yet consciously I hadn't noticed them at all in the weeks leading up to the dream. Clearly my subconscious had picked up on them, though, and decided to smarten me up by way of a dream! I think that sort of thing is incredible, personally.

The other notable dream happened last night, and was all about our former Senior Vice President at work coming back to our company. He was let go two years ago when our office was bought by an American joint venture, and is currently working at another software outfit not too far from here. In my dream, he'd subsequently been let go by that company, as well, and somehow managed to get his old job back. Most of the dream was about how out of step his way of leading was with our Agile environment at work, and how people were starting to suspect his return meant we were about to abandon Agile. I suspect in this case my subconscious was doing some comparing and contrasting for me, but I don't remember enough details to know if it did me any good! Or maybe it was just my insecurity about Agile exhibiting itself in dream form. Only Freud would know!

3 comments:

Jimmy said...

I had a work related dream last night. It involved flying from London to Detroit...and I caused the plane to be late because I forgot my laptop - but I was able to tell the pilot - hold on five minutes, I'll be right back. I then left to get my laptop from home, got back to the airport where they had decided to leave without me (shocking!) and the next plane to Detroit was cancelled. So I drove instead.

Tammy said...

What are all the related coincidences??

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

Details withheld by design. But thanks for asking.