Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Counting Down To Lost's Return: 1 To Go!!

That's right, a mere 24 hours from now we can all be watching the first new Lost episode in several months! It doesn't get much more exciting than that!!

So my final thing that I love about this show that I'll write about in this series of blog entries is, appropriately enough, that the writers or producers had the smarts to realize that the spread-over-8-months pacing of releasing new episodes in the first two seasons wasn't the way to go! It sometimes seemed like we'd only get three or four new episodes before the re-runs would start up again, which really broke the momentum of the storylines. I'll freely admit that Lost has good re-watchability, but since I like to buy the season DVDs and see them in order, with little or no break in between episodes, I don't generally watch when it's not a new episode. Which means a re-run is just a boring Wednesday night in this household! I liked when 24 went this route, considering it's breakneck pace, and I think it's equally suitable for Lost, given the intricate plotting and tendency to leave you hanging most weeks. In fact, next season they could delay the start until January - as I've heard rumoured - and that'd be just fine with me, if it meant no breaks from start to finish!

So there you have it.. 14 reasons I love Lost, out of, I'm sure, dozens more! Hopefully these little reminisces have helped you re-energize your enthusiasm for the show, and you're now as jazzed about tomorrow night as I am!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

In case you can't wait until 10pm, it starts at 7 (the clips show) and 8 (the real episode) on CTV.