Sunday, February 25, 2007

Play Ball!

OK, so I'm five weeks ahead of myself, but I can't help it: I'm excited by the prospect of the 2007 Major League Baseball season starting in a mere 35 days!

There are two games on Sunday, April 1st, including the World Series Champion Cardinals playing the Mets in New York. The Jays open the next afternoon, in Detroit, facing off against the World Series losing Tigers. I'll be interested to see how the Tabbies from Motown bounce back from their disappointing performance in last year's Fall Classic, as they rolled into it looking like world-beaters.

And of course the Jays made at least one eyebrow-lifting off-season acquisition - Frank Thomas, the Big Hurt - in addition to thankfully re-signing Vernon Wells. They were a pretty good team last year, and had the pitching staff stayed healthy the whole year, they could've contended for the wildcard spot. Will they build on that this season, or fall back into the pack again?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Take me out to the ball game...