Sunday, February 25, 2007

Can You Hear Me Now?

I just played my first game of Resistance: Fall of Man with a wireless headset on. I bought the Motorola H300 model because it's small, takes a AAA battery (which I'll be able to replace with a rechargable version as soon as the supplied one runs dry) and was available at Future Shop, where I still had money left over on a gift card I'd gotten for Christmas (making the headset free to me!). It took me awhile to figure out how to get the PS/3 to recognize the new device, but once I got past that, I could chat with the other headset-wearers during the staging period of a Deathmatch. Vicki will be happy to learn - as I was - that the other voices come out via the TV speakers, rather than in my headset, so she'll be able to hear everything that's said, instead of just my comments. In the game itself, I didn't hear any chatter, but I suspect that's to do with how the game is set up, where you probably only hear/speak to your clan members, or teammates in a team-based game. I'm hoping to be able to try it out more effectively once some of my clan-mates get themselves some equipment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess I should check this out, after reading the message left by Snowman23, and now yourself...maybe I should think about this headset..

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

Roger that!